Beard transplant is one of the most attractive processes for men to travel to Turkey in general and Istanbul in particular.
The young men who wish to undergo a beard transplant in Turkey have asked many questions and queries such as:
- What is the usefulness of the beard?
- How long do I need to stay in Turkey?
- How long does the beard transplant take?
- What are the basic stages of the beard transplant?
- Will the shape and growth of the beard grow naturally?
- How much does a beard transplant cost in Turkey?
- When does the hair of a transplanted beard begin to grow?
- What instructions should be followed before and after the operation?
- Does the process leave scars or side effects after planting?
- Who is eligible for the beard transplant?
The feasibility of beard transplantation
People wonder about the success of beard transplantation in Turkey.
The beard transplant is used by men who suffer from low density of the beard for one of the following reasons:
- Blanks in the beard.
- Genetic factors .
- Burns or scarring.
- Alopecia and some skin diseases.
Beard transplant results
In Turkey, the beard transplantation is the ideal solution for most of the above conditions, by giving it natural results and high density of beard hair so that the person can extend and get a beard as he wishes.
Facial skin is generally characterised by microvascular density and high circulatory activity, which provides good nourishment to the grafts or hair follicles implanted in the beard.
The area is completely healed within a short period and beard transplant recovery time do not take more than a week, and the growth rate of hair roots planted in the beard is faster than the growth of hair implanted in the head.
In our centre, hundreds of beard implants are performed annually with high success rates due to the following factors:
- A private hospital equipped with sterile operation rooms for hair and beard restoration procedures.
- Qualified, and experienced medical staff.
- Practice of important measures before conducting the hair or beard transplant, such as; blood tests and preliminary examination and an overview of the health status of the patient.
- Medical follow-up periodically and continuously after the procedure to ensure that patients comply with doctor’s instructions.
Length of stay required in Turkey Istanbul
A person who wishes to have a beard transplant in Turkey needs only two to three days’ stay in Istanbul.
This period is sufficient to conduct the process and review after the operation.
On the first day, the necessary medical tests are performed and the process is started after confirmation of the results of the analyses.
On the second or third day, the patient visits the hospital to remove the dressing from the donor area and perform or wash the beard hair implanted by our medical staff.
After the washing process, the patient can go to the airport and return to his country.
How long does it take to transplant the beard?
The beard transplant takes about 3 to 8 hours, depending on several reasons:
- Number of bulbs to be implanted in the beard.
- The size of the area you need to grow.
- The technique used in the procedure.
- Density in which the roots of beard hair will be planted.
Stages of the process of FUE beard transplant
The beard transplant is divided into several basic stages that we will remind you of in order.
- In which the confirmation of the health of the patient and not suffering from any chronic or infectious diseases that may be an obstacle for the operation and tell the doctor about any medication used by the patient.
- The patient of whom wants to do the beard transplantation sends clear pictures of the beard and donor area.
- After examining the images by the doctor, the condition is evaluated and the number of bulbs to be implanted is assessed.
- Before starting the procedure, medical tests are carried out to ensure that there are no contagious diseases in the person.
Shaving and local anaesthesia
- At this stage, the donor area will be shaved, where the bulbs will be extracted.
- Prepare the patient and supply a special operations dress.
- Planning and drawing the place where the grafts will be picked up in the donor area.
- Clean and disinfect the donor area from behind the head.
- Start local anaesthesia for the area from which the follicles will be extracted, and this takes only 5 minutes.
Stage of picking the bulbs
- After confirming the anaesthesia of the donor area, a nourishing fluid is injected under the scalp in order to initiate the extraction of the follicles.
- The number of follicles needed to be implanted in the beard area is extracted using the FUE technique and by a special device called the micromotor.
- Pick the bulbs individually.
- The micromotor uses a circular punch with a diameter of 0.6 to 0.8 mm rotating at certain speeds to release the root of the bulb.
- The cuttings are placed in a special liquid until they are replanted in the beard area.
Determine the shape of the beard and open the pores
- The shape of the new beard is drawn and the areas where the hair follicles are harvested will be cultivated.
- Anaesthetisation of the beard area with local anaesthesia which usually takes only a few minutes.
- Open the follicles for the bulbs to be implanted in the beard area after checking local anaesthesia.
- The growth and density of the new beard hair is determined naturally in this step.
The stage of planting the bulbs
- In this step the hair follicles are re-planted in the pores that have been opened one by one.
- Medical tweezers are used for this.
- This phase takes about two hours.
- After planting, the donor area behind the head is bandaged with medical gauze and removed during review.
Shape and growth of the beard after planting
The technique used to opens the pores allows the specialist to control the growth of the hair in a natural way to perfectly fit the shape of the natural beard.
The structure of the hair follicles extracted from the back of the head is identical to that of the beard and produces hair roots similar to the hair of the chin
How does beard transplant work ?
- The hair of the beard grows immediately after the operation and then the white crusts appear in the cultivated area on the tenth day.
- These crusts fall within approximately two days between 10-12 days after planting.
- The proportion of hair implanted may fall from 12 days to two months from the date of the operation.
- The hair follicles begin to produce new hair starting from the third month after the operation.
- The hair density is gradually increased until a final result is achieved after 2-3 months.
Instructions to be followed before and after beard transplant
Before planting the beard
- Stop drinking alcohol at least one week prior to surgery.
- Minimize smoking as much as possible.
- Inform the medical team of any chronic diseases or medications used by the patient.
- Get full information and details before doing the process.
After beard implantation
Attention from movements and facial expressions immediately after the operation.
Eat foods that do not need to chew vigorously.
Do not touch or rub the beard for at least ten days.
Not to be present in contaminated environments and not to be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
Conduct your wash method regularly and in the same manner that will be explained in detail by the medical team.
Be careful and pay attention when changing or wearing clothes.
Stay in contact with the medical advisor and send pictures periodically to follow up on the condition and stages of beard growth.
Beard transplant cost in Turkey
The price of beard cultivation in Istanbul Turkey is affordable for most patients.
The cost of beard transplantation is determined on a case-by-case basis after sending details and photographs of the case.
Turk Estetic offers a wide range of services for the facial hair transplant including:
- Arrival and departure from the airport.
- Accommodations in luxury hotels in lively areas of Istanbul.
- Secure transportation between the hotel and the hospital by private and comfortable cars.
- Full therapeutic bag including medicine to be used after transplant .
- Shampoo and lotion for washing the regrowth area.
- My interpreter in the hospital.
Beard transplant side effects
- After the operation, small dots of coagulation shall appear in the area that has been cultivated, and shall soon disappear after the first week.
- A slight redness of the skin can last for 10 days.
- Sensation of numbness and mild itching.
- White crusts form after a week of planting disappear as a result of periodic washing after the tenth day.
- A slight edema or swelling in the cultivated area will disappear after five days.
- The beard transplant does not leave any marks or permanent effects.
Persons eligible for the process
The process can be performed for people who:
- 20 years old and over.
- Do not suffer from chronic diseases.
- They do not have allergies or skin diseases such as alopecia, psoriasis or eczema.
- Want to have a consistent and dense beard.
- Have a good and dense donor area.