Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant experience is important and unique. It holds a great significance to you and your appearance.
Your hair plays a major role on your appearance to most people, especially to those whom may suffer from problems such as hair loss and/or baldness.
With chronic loss or baldness of hair in its advanced stages, as a result also plays part to affecting the persons psyche. Usually causing constant phases of embarrassment when out in social environments as well as professional ones.
Your hair is an appendage consisting of non living protein cells that cover each persons body approximately five million hairs, of which approximately 100,000 are in the scalp.
Hair transplant surgery in Turkey
Turkey has become a hot spot for this procedure form many reasons:
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hair transplantation
- In Turkey, in recent years one of the most prominent reasons for people from all over the world come to Istanbul due to the competitive cost comparisons to other places around the world.
- The high level of expertise as well as experience in this field, not to mention the impressive results.
- The leading hair transplant doctors are based in Turkey.
- The strategic location is convenient for patients travelling from most Arab and European countries.
- Also specialising in hair transplants for areas such as beards, eye brows and moustaches.
Causes of hair loss leading to baldness
The following are points to which highlight reasons for hair loss for most people:
- Genetic factors.
- Mental health.
- Heavy uses of chemicals on hair such as; gel, cream, and other hair products. This also includes straighteners, and hair dryers.
- The most important and most common effect is the dandruff.
- Anemia and malnutrition.
- Any and all chronic diseases or illness or hormonal disorders must all be disclosed with the doctor during consultations.
Methods & techniques
There are several methods and techniques followed for the procedure of hair transplant , and doctors are constantly seeking new advanced developments in order to obtain the best results for their patients.
- FUT is one of the oldest methods of hair transplants used both in Turkey and abroad.
- FUE is the most highly used techniques used by doctors both in Turkey and abroad.
- Direct Hair Implantation DHI, this is a practice by using a tool known as the stylus called CHOI Hair Pen. This technique has great results in the cultivation of small, sensitive and delicate areas such as eyebrows and around the moustache.
- The use of BHT is used in cases of weakness in the areas of which the donor may have. This method allows for strong promise to obtain hair from other areas of strength such as the chest, where the hair is thick.
The Paitent with intension to come to Istanbul, Turkey for the hair transplant surgery whether in a hospital, clinic or centre should ensure they follow through with these steps:
- Notify your doctor or medical team of any medication you may take as well as of any diseases or illness if any.
- Stop any blood thinners, drinking of alcohol, and reduce smoking as much as possible a week before surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing on the day of the operation.
- Get a good breakfast in the case of local anaesthesia and abstain from eating 7 hours before operation in general anaesthesia.
Stages of hair transplant surgery
- Firstly the initial inspection and consultation.
- The doctors then conducts a preliminary examination of the hair and reviews the health history with the patient to ensure he or she are able to undergo the surgery.
- A discussion in relation to hair loss and baldness in relation to relevant genetic ties as well as other reasons and factors to consider for the hair loss.
- The doctor will then highlight the areas of which the hair will be removed and draw the front line of the hair in a manner that is consistent with the facial features to give that natural shape of the hair.
A sample of blood will be taken as a routine laboratory test to ensure there are no health barriers.
Preparing the process
The patient is required to wear a sterile gown, the hair is then shaven according to doctors instructions (either completely or only the donor area). To ensure the best possible results medical necessity is always taken into account. The scalp is cleaned and sterilised in preparation for local or general anesthesia.
The patient is entered into a sterile operating room equipped for the procedure. They are invited to the bed, the medical team will then use their gentle skills to inject the anaesthetic under the scalp. It should be taken into account that the anesthetiser will cause a temporary discomfort only lasting just under an hour before it fades.
Picking the FUE bulbs
After anaesthesia and processing the donor area has been competed, the procedure of picking the bulbs begins with the use of a specialised device called the Micromotor. The cuttings are kept in a sterile special liquid to maintain the integrity of the bulbs until the cultivation process is completed.
Opening the pores
After the delivery and settlement of the anaesthesia in the area to be operated on, the pores are opened as they are needed for plantation of the follicles to be implanted later. At this stage a scalpel with a fine head is used at approximately 1mm to 1.3mm. Precision is paramount and highly practised.
This is the final stage where the bulbs are inserted one by one into the opened pores. The distribution of follicles is according to the number of hair roots found in each bulb. Special medical tweezers are used to treat the follicles with care.
Covering the donor
Afterwards, the area from which the follicles were picked is usually covered behind the head with a medical dressing to protect against any infection. The dressing is to be removed after one or two days of operation.
The road to recovery
There are several things to take into consideration in order to ensure the healing process is as smooth as possible:
- Special washing technique.
- Everyday life.
You may also visit our page to view the care instructions for post surgery.
After surgery the patient is required to follow a special washing method for a period of 12 days.
This is explained to the patient by the team and doctor. This video explains the washing technique.
The patient will finally get their desired results no less than three months after the procedure. It is also to be taken into consideration that sometimes it can take up to nine months for some individuals. It is also worth making note that at the beginning of the third month the hair will begin to re-grow.
Hair transplant cost in Turkey include services
The price not only covers you for the surgery but also includes some extra services as our clinic goes above and beyond other regular surgeries.
These services are:
- Pick up from the airport
- Bag of required medication for post surgery
- Translator facilities in the hospital
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation between the hotel and hospital.
Warranty and guarantee
Guarantee for hair transplant surgery in Turkey has become commonplace. You may find more in detail information in regards to warranty.
Hair transplant side affects
Some side affects are associated with hair transplant surgery:
- Temporary swelling for a few days in the forehead.
- Mild headaches on the first day.
- Light redness.
- Numbness in the scalp for the first week.
There are some cases to which the surgery is not recommended if the patient suffers from the following:
- Diabetes in advanced cases
- Heart patients
- Turbulent stress
- Blood transmitted diseases
- Acute kidney or liver failure
- Weak hair density in donor area
- Dermal infections
- No ability to blood clot
- Acute anemia.